The ink in the cartridges will dry out if the HP Envy 5660 printer is turned off for an extended period of time. Printheads become clogged, and print quality suffers as a result. This is something that can be fixed manually. How to Use Software to Clean HP Envy 5660 Printheads.
1. Using the printer’s control panel, clean the ink cartridges.
2. Swipe left on the screen and tap the Setup button.
3. The Setup menu will appear. Scroll to the bottom of the list and pick Printer Maintenance.
4. From the drop-down option, select Clean Cartridge. A test page will be displayed; now evaluate the print quality.
5. Manually remove the ink cartridges from the slot to clean them.
6. Wipe the slot clean with a dry towel.
7. Wipe the ink cartridges gently.
8. Thoroughly clean the area around the ink nozzles.
- Clean the HP Envy 5660 printer once a week. Remove the ink cartridges from their slots. Use the tool set provided to remove the ink from the cartridge. Before placing the cartridges into their slots, clean them with distilled water.
- It is necessary to clean the ink nozzles. a lint-free cloth, a dry foam-rubber swab or any soft cloth, and some distilled or filtered water Activate the printer. After opening the scanner lid, lift the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait until the carriage has come to a complete stop. Lift the lid on the ink cartridge slot and gently push it back to release the ink cartridge. To remove the ink cartridge from the slot, raise the cartridge. Keep the ink cartridges next to one other. Examine the ink cartridge contact area for ink or debris buildup.
- Using distilled water, moisten a clean foam rubber swab, then squeeze the cloth to remove any excess water. Clean the ink nozzles’ edges and faces with a swab. Allow for complete drying of the cleansed area. After that, place the removed ink cartridges back into their slots.
- Allow the cartridge to fall into the appropriate slot after closing the ink cartridge lid. Repeat the previous steps to clean the area surrounding the ink nozzle.
- Close the scanner lid and the access door to the ink cartridges. Consult the troubleshooting section of the user manual if you have any issues with How to Clean Printhead on HP Envy 5660 printer.
How do I clean the printhead on my HP Envy 5660?
Ans. Insert unused plain white Letter or A4 paper into the input tray.
On the printer’s control panel display, select Setup.
Follow the on-screen instructions after selecting Clean Printhead from the Printer Maintenance menu.
How do you tell if the printhead in your printer is clogged?
Ans. If the LCD screen on your PC or printer says that your ink cartridges are full but no ink is being transferred to the paper, you are most likely dealing with a clogged printhead. Blurry documents and faded images are also signs that it’s time to wipe up the ink.
Why isn’t my HP printer printing clearly?
Ans. To resolve most print quality issues, use genuine HP cartridges, and in certain cases, you may need to let the printer do the automatic servicing operation. Clean the cartridges and printhead, then double-check the paper and print settings for the print job.