This article will answer a variety of questions about configuring the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 wireless and wired printers on Windows and Mac. So, let us start with the procedures.
Follow these steps to connect your HP Deskjet 2541 or 2542 to your home or office wifi router if you are a frequent user of an HP Deskjet printer.
- To begin, turn on both your HP Deskjet 2541 & 2542 printer and your WiFi router. To activate the printer’s wifi button, press and hold.
- After that, look for a WPS button on your router and press it for at least 4-5 seconds.
- Following that, the printer will search for a wireless network and, once connected to the WiFi Router, it will begin to blink in blue.
- Finally, your HP Deskjet 2541 & 2542 Printer is linked to the Wireless Network.
The configuration of the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 is the same. Here are the steps to take!
- As described in the first section of this document, turn on the printer and connect it to the wifi router.
- Proceed to download and install the printer software. Go to 123.hp.com/dj2451 or 123.hp.com/dj2452 to do the same.
- When the download is finished, double-click the software and follow the on-screen instructions to finish the installation.
- From the “Control Panel,” locate and select “Devices and Printers.” Then, in the top right corner of the new window, choose “Add printer:.”
- Select the name of your printer model from the list of printers.
- Finally, in the new window, click the “Next” button, and your HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 Wireless printer will be connected to Windows.
This section includes a step-by-step guide for connecting the HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer setup on Windows using a USB cable.
- Turn on your printer. Connect the USB cable only when the system prompts you to.
- Look for the necessary driver installation file in your computer system, which can be downloaded from “123.hp.com/dj2451 or 2542.”
- Open the downloaded file to extract the installer. To proceed with the installation, click “Run” here.
- Check the box to accept the terms and conditions from the “Installation agreements and settings window.”
- When prompted, connect the USB cable from the computer to the printer.
- Then Navigate to the Device and Printer option in the Control Panel Settings of Windows Search.
- Then, in the upper right corner, press the “Add printer” button, then choose your printer model 2541 or 2542 from the list, press Next, and wait a few seconds.
- Your HP Desktop 2541 and 2542 printers have now been USB-connected to Windows.
Before you begin, ensure that the printer and the Mac are both connected to the same wireless network.
- Turn on your MAC, printer, and wireless router, then connect your HP Deskjet 2541 & 2542 printer to the wifi network as described in the first section.
- 123.hp.com/dj2541 or 123.hp.com/dj2541 page to download the software driver.
- Complete the installation process on your MAC after downloading the driver.
- Then, from the Apple Menu, choose ‘System Preferences.’ Select Printer and Scanner.
- Select the + Sign option to add the printer when Windows prompts you after selecting the printer and scanner.
- From the drop-down menu, select your model number.
- When you select it, it will appear in the top right corner.
- Finally, the HP deskjet 2541 & 2542 wireless setup on MAC is finished.
I hope you found this article helpful as you look for ways to configure your HP Deskjet 2541 and 2542 printer on the various media mentioned above.