HP printer offline fix
Click On below Live Chat Button to get connected and get the best help from the Canon Team
The ‘Why is My HP printer offline Windows 10’ error is one of the most common issues, and it occurs for no apparent reason. As a result, we’ve covered the reasons of this issue as well as how to solve it in this article. So, if your HP printer continues going down, just follow the recommendations in the section below.
Why is my HP printer reporting that it is offline?
Make sure that the 'Use Printer Offline' mode is turned off.
If “Use printer in offline mode” is chosen, the HP wireless printer goes offline. As a result, the user must make certain that this option is not selected. The steps to correcting this setting are as follows:
- Click on’settings’ in the’start’ menu.
- Go to ‘devices’ and choose ‘printer and scanners.’
- Now choose and right-click on your HP printer from the list of printers.
- After that, uncheck the option “Use Printer Offline” from the menu. Your HP printer will now reconnect to the internet.
To resolve the HP printer offline issue, make sure your printer is "Set as default printer."
Follow these troubleshooting procedures if your HP printer continues going down on Windows 10 or any other operating system :
- Click the Windows button and type ‘Run’ into the search box. Now, in the dialogue box, type ‘Control Panel’ and press ‘OK.’
- After selecting the ‘Device and Printer’ option, you will see your HP printer listed. If your printer has a green check mark next to it, it has already been’set as default.’ – If this is not the case, right-click on your printer and select “Set as a default printer.”
- Your printer will now work properly, and the printer offline problem in your HP printer will no longer be visible.
Examine the printer driver and either remove or update any outdated versions.
If your HP printer driver is old or corrupted, it will always show an offline error. To update or reinstall a driver on Windows, follow these steps.
- Type “Device Manager” into the Windows search box and click it.
- Now expand the area labeled “Printers.”
- Locate your printer’s model number in the expanded part and ‘Right Click’ on it, then select the ‘Update Driver’ option.
- After that, select’ and wait for your printer’s driver to be updated.
- Restart your computer after the process is finished.
- If you want to re-install your driver, go to ‘control panel’ and click on ‘remove programs’ and uninstall your existing HP printer driver. After that, go to HP’s website and download and install the printer’s driver. To gain a better understanding of the procedure.
You will never have the problem where your HP printer goes offline in Windows 10 or any other operating system if you follow the aforementioned troubleshooting procedures.
Check the printer's spooler settings
When the printer spooler is halted, the HP printer displays an offline message. Follow these actions to repair it:
- To begin, open the ‘Run’ dialog box and type “Services.msc” followed by “OK.”
- Now look for the “Print Spooler” option among the displayed items.
- To pause the print spooler services, right-click on it and select “Stop.”
- Next, in ‘Windows File Explorer,’ click on the address bar and type C:WindowsSystem32SpoolPrinter, then click ‘OK.’
- To clear the printing queue, erase all files from the printer folder.
- After that, return to “Print Spooler,” right-click on it, and select “Start” to restart the spooler service.
- Finally, restart your computer and printer to resolve the “HP printer says offline” issue.
These instructions will assist the user in bringing the HP printer back online in Windows 10 or any other operating system.
Another Crucial Factor 'HP Printer Shows Offline' as a result of this. When your HP printer indicates it's offline, keep these things in mind:
- If you’re using a wireless connection, make sure your printer and computer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network. To learn more about connecting your HP printer to a wireless network, see here.
- Once the HP printer has been configured on your computer, always reboot your system to keep the HP printer’s settings.
- Other factors that may cause your printer to go offline include paper jams, low ink levels, voltage fluctuations, and lack of compatibility.
When your HP printer goes down, check your wire connection.
In rare circumstances, HP printers on Windows 10 continuously going down owing to a bad connection. To correct this, follow the procedures below:
- Verify that both ends of the USB cable are correctly connected to the printer and PC. If you have a wireless connection, double-check that the printer and router are compatible.
- Also, make sure the power cable is undamaged and correctly linked between the printer and the power socket.
Why does my HP printer keep going offline? Look for a Network Connection Error on your computer.
You may frequently find yourself in a position where your HP printer refuses to turn on.
- An issue with the printer’s Wifi connectivity is one of the main reasons for it being offline.
- Another major reason for the HP printer’s inaccessibility is that its IP address is incorrectly configured on the laptop or desktop.
- As a result, an error notice appears that says “Printer is down.” Follow the procedures below to confirm that the IP address is properly configured.
- Go to the ‘HP configuration screen’ and click on it.
- From the settings menu, select the ‘networking tab.’
- From the drop-down menu, choose the IP address option.
- Select the manual configuration option and type in the right IP address.
- These methods will allow you to resolve the issue caused by an incorrect IP address.
You must ensure that all printer drivers are correctly installed and updated in order to prevent the HP printer from going down. System settings and printer drivers are updated on a regular basis, which eliminates the possibility of issues while using the printer. When a user encounters printer issues, they can quickly resolve them by following the troubleshooting procedures outlined in this article. Selecting the WiFi printing option from the printer by pushing the Wifi button is one of the most important techniques to resolve the problem. After that, go to the system’s ‘Network setting’ to see a list of accessible printers. You must choose your printer from the list of printers as a user. Your print chores can be finished after this step, since it will display that your HP printer is online.
Remarks– This is not HP official page & here we provided for your knowledge purpose only. For complete disclaimer ‘Read More’