Examine the paper’s condition and make sure your printer is set up on a level area. Clean the rollers of the paper feed and adjust the paper settings in the print driver. To fix this problem, you may need to get your printer serviced.
When the paper is bent, wrinkled, curled, unclean, or damaged, it might cause paper feed difficulties. Look at the steps below to figure out how to fix this problem.
- Use high-quality paper to match the specifications of your HP Envy 5642 printer.
- Store all of your documentation in a cool, dry place. If the paper is stored in a humid environment, difficulties with the feed may occur.
- It is not a good idea to feed the already printed paper. The dampness of the ink may cause the paper to stick together.
- Before loading the paper again, wait for the load paper message to display.
It’s vital that the paper you’re using is in good shape and stacked correctly in the input tray. Also, make sure there are no obstructions in the way of the paper tray.
- Allow the printer to continue to run while disconnecting the power cable from the printer.
- Remove the stack of papers from the tray.
- Remove any impediments from the tray’s interior and surroundings. Check with a torch to see if anything is blocking the paper. Paper feed difficulties can be caused by even small bits of paper.
- Examine the condition of the sheets in the tray to see whether there are any that are bent, curled, shredded, wrinkled, or dusty. If there is any left in the tray, remove it.
- Please double-check that the paper in the stack is all of the same type and size. The sheets that are loaded must all be the same size. There should be no different sizes of paper utilised. Only one sort of paper can be processed at any given time.
- Keep the surface smooth and the corners of the sheets aligned.
- Please make sure the reams of paper don’t have less than 10 sheets or more than 25 sheets in them.
- With your printer machine, make a right turn.
- Clean the space underneath and around your printing machine.
- Paper shards stuck in the input tray
- Examples of hard and little commodities are books, pencils, pens, and paper.
- Carpets and placemats, for example, have uneven or soft surfaces.
- Remove any impediments that are in your way.
- Place your printer back in its original spot.
- Connect the cable to the back of the printer.
- Press OK to dismiss any messages that may display on your printer’s control panel.
Simple sheets, such as A-4 paper, should be loaded first. Place the glossy or print side of the paper in the tray first.
- Open the door and drag it in the direction you want to extend the paper tray.
- After removing the extension, lift the paper catch.
- Slide the paper guides all the way to the outside.
- Make sure the short edge of the ream of plain white paper is facing front.
- Place the tray in the slot and press it in until it snaps into place.
Print a test page to ensure that the hardware is working properly. If a print page does not print on the first attempt, insert a different stack of plain sheets into the tray and print the test page again.
- On your printer’s control panel, press the down arrow, then pick tools, and finally OK.
- After hitting the arrow, select OK to print your printer’s status report. After then, the printer will print a test page.
- If the test page was successfully printed, go to the next step.
- If the test page does not print, proceed to the following solution for an HP Envy printer that shows it is out of paper.
If you can’t get the test page to print, try printing an original document. After the paper is made, the problem will be fixed in a few seconds.
If the printer driver’s paper type, size, and type settings are incorrect, you may receive the message HP Envy 5642 printer says out of paper. Follow the instructions below to change the paper type and size settings in the print driver.
- Return to the document that was being printed at the time the problem occurred.
- Select File, then Print one more.
- Choose your printer, then properties or printer properties.
- Now go to the Quality/Paper tab.
- Select the paper size that best fits the size of the paper you’re using from the paper size drop-down menu. If you have legal paper in your printer’s input tray, for example, choose legal.
- Then, from the media drop-down option, select the type of paper that best fits the printer machine’s paper size.
- To put the changes into effect, click Ok and then it again.
- Now go to the print dialogue box and choose Ok or Print.
If the issue has been resolved, that’s great; if not, try the following solution.