The typical troubleshooting guide for fixing HP envy 4304 printer difficulties on both Windows and Mac operating systems is described in this article. You can get your HP envy 4304 printer back up and running by following these steps.
We’ve gathered a collection of troubleshooting tips for HP printer issues. These procedures can help you troubleshoot your HP envy 4304 printer problems.
Setting your printer as the ‘Default Printer’ is crucial for providing your printer the correct instruction. As a result, follow the procedures in the HP envy 4304 printer troubleshooting guide to return your printer to its original state:
- Type ‘control panel’ into the ‘run’ dialogue box from your system’s Search bar.
- When the control panel displays, select ‘devices and printers.’
- In the following screen, pick and right-click on the HP printer option, then select’set as default printer’ and continue.
- Following the above methods, if you see a green tick beneath your printer symbol, your HP printer troubleshooting guide is complete.
If your HP envy 4304 printer is unable to print text or if you are experiencing other printing troubles, updating or reinstalling your printer driver is the best solution. Simply follow the steps listed below to do this:
- Go to the Search Option and type ‘run’ to launch the dialogue box.
- Now, in the dialogue box shown below, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ and press the ‘OK’ button.
- Following that, the ‘Windows device manager’ will show on your screen.
- Double-click on the ‘print queues’ category to expand it, as shown in the image below.
- Select ‘update driver’ from the menu by right-clicking on the printer name mentioned in this category.
- Finally, wait for the update to finish downloading before proceeding with the on-screen instructions.
The print spooler allows the computer to communicate with the printer and manage print jobs in the queue. When the printer is unable to accept any of your print commands due to a print job being stuck in the queue, an error message stating ‘printer spooler error’ appears. To repair this issue, follow the steps outlined below. –
- Close all programmes that you are attempting to print from, including Word.
- From the ‘Start’ menu, select ‘Services,’ then type ‘Administrative Tools.’
- Scroll down until you see the phrase ‘Print Spooler.’ Select ‘Stop’ from the context menu.
- Then, in ‘My Computer,’ double-click the ‘Local Disk (C:)’ folder and choose the ‘Windows’ folder.
- “Spool” > “Printers” > “System32”
- Then remove all print jobs from this folder.
- Return to ‘Services,’ then search for and choose ‘print spooler.’ Press the “Start” button now.
- Print a page to see if restarting the spooler fixed your HP printer problem.
Your troubleshooting of the HP printer spooler is now complete.
Because of a backlog of previous print commands, the HP envy 4304 printer frequently refuses to accept a printing command. You must clear the prior blocked commands and then re-command the printer, according to the HP envy 4304 printer troubleshooting guide. Follow the steps below to cancel the previous print queue with the help of the HP envy 4304 printer troubleshooting guide.
- By hitting the start button and selecting ‘device and printers,’ you may access the control panel.
- Select the ‘What’s printing’ option from the right-click menu on the HP printer icon.
- To cancel the previous print command queue, enter the ‘printer’ menu and select ‘cancel all papers.’
- Click ‘yes’ to confirm. You may now continue working on your printing project.
If you are having difficulties connecting your HP envy 4304 printer to your computer, try the steps below:
- First, unplug the printer’s power cord and the computer’s power cord.
- Wait a few moments before reconnecting the power cord to your HP printer and turning on the computer. Print a test page now. Simply follow these simple troubleshooting methods to resolve the HP printer connection issue.
If none of the previous methods worked to solve your HP envy 4304 printer problems, move on to the next section-
- Ensure that your HP printer has a sufficient quantity of paper, ink, and toner.
- Inspect the HP printer for a carriage jam. Please click here to fix the problem if this is the case.
- Printer cartridges become outmoded in a variety of situations; consider replacing them with new ones.
- If the issue is caused by new printer parts, replace them with the originals to avoid future printing issues.